As well as providing testing and imaging services to resolve immediate engineering issues, we can provide the latest research insights or help you tap into funding to achieve your longer-term R&D goals.
Our research services include:
- literature review to determine current best practice
- research audit to identify in-house knowledge gaps
- article writing for conferences, magazines or peer-reviewed journals
- conference presentations
- grant-funded industrial laboratory testing
- introduction to potential industry research partners
We can identify the state of the art in your engineering field, helping you to optimise your R&D.
Through the University of Southampton’s Hartley Library, we have access to a vast collection of research journals.
Our team can search this knowledge base on your behalf, selecting and critically analysing the latest studies to help you answer your engineering question.
Innovate UK research funding
We can help your company unlock government funding for the development of a new engineering product or process.
Innovate UK grants encourage businesses to work with other commercial and research organisations, and could be an ideal path if you have a big idea that will take some time, investment and specialist input to realise. Find out more about Innovate UK funding opportunities and criteria.
We are experienced in matching companies with suitable partners and completing funding applications, as well as contributing to the research itself.
Meet our research experts
Dr Ilaria Corni, Principal Consultant, is the lead for nC2’s industrial research activities, helping companies to find partners and apply for funding, as well as leading on the technical and project management work. She also undertakes literature reviews to help clients understand the state of the art in their area of engineering. Find out more about Ilaria.
Professor Mark Young is an expert in human factors, which looks at interactions between people and the systems in which they work to help optimise performance and safety. Mark can take a deep dive into the latest thinking in this field to support our clients’ applied research projects, for example to inform product design or for inclusion in research funding proposals. Find out more about Mark.
We have the resources to collaborate with you to further your long-term research strategies.
What we offer
- Free initial consultation and bespoke quote, which may include free practice tests to determine the best test plan – if you’re not sure exactly what you need, we can advise you.
- A choice of packages to suit your requirements.
- Tests tailored to your needs, run by specialist staff in our state-of-the-art labs.
- A comprehensive report including results and expert advice, plus a meeting to discuss the results.
Why choose nC2?
- A testing and analysis service of the highest quality.
- Access to specialised facilities and knowledge across the University of Southampton.
- Packages to suit your budget and requirements – whether you’re looking for a one-off test or support for a major project.
- Excellent customer service – we’ll keep you in the loop every step of the way.
- High levels of customer satisfaction.