With a wealth of cutting-edge testing and imaging facilities at our fingertips, we can give you detailed insights into the properties of your material or component – whether for product development or to find out why something has gone wrong.
Expert advice and analysis
At nC2 we offer a complete service – our staff have the knowledge and experience to advise on the most effective techniques and interpret the results to give you a full picture.
Our materials characterisation expert, Dr Ilaria Corni, will take time to understand your requirements and build a bespoke package that meets your needs. Find out more about Ilaria.
Our services, which could be stand-alone or in combination with other tests, include:
Using the relevant technique we can, for example:
- measure properties such as roughness before and after erosion testing
- find out whether a component has been made of the right material or to the right specification
- produce a cross-section of a coating to confirm its thickness or the degradation method
- measure wear scars on a surface following wear testing.
Materials characterisation techniques can complement other testing methods, building a full picture of your material or component.
What we offer
- Free initial consultation and bespoke quote, which may include free practice tests to determine the best test plan – if you’re not sure exactly what you need, we can advise you.
- A choice of packages to suit your requirements.
- Tests tailored to your needs, run by specialist staff in our state-of-the-art labs.
- A comprehensive report including results and expert advice, plus a meeting to discuss the results.
Why choose nC2?
- A testing and analysis service of the highest quality.
- Access to specialised facilities and knowledge across the University of Southampton.
- Packages to suit your budget and requirements – whether you’re looking for a one-off test or support for a major project.
- Excellent customer service – we’ll keep you in the loop every step of the way.
- High levels of customer satisfaction.